Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Priceline

The first thing that caught my attention was the center alignment of the website. It is probably the first question I ask about a website, is it center aligned or left aligned. All the other travel websites I visited were left aligned, whereas this site stood out from the crowd. Now obviously, if I was looking for a cheap ticket it wouldn't matter but nevertheless the site looks better in the center.

The site is well arranged with the three levels of navigation, and the ease of use. It doesn't look cluttered and doesn't seem to have bother with beautiful location images to lure customers in. Unfortunately I can't say anything good about William Shatner's face being there.

That being said, I did notice a glitch on the site. Now I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the text seems to be flickering on and off every few sec. Now I am looking at this on a Firefox browser and I do wonder if it has anything to do with that. Maybe its to get the viewers attraction, but I have had the same problem with a site that I built where the CSS and image rollovers seem to have been clashing. Other than that, this is a well designed site.

No comments: