Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Maserati

I wonder how such a beautiful product is backed up by such a boring and blah site. The car looks like a dream machine but the website is not worth carrying that beautiful name. The colors, the boxy nature, information overload and cheesy flash make this site very uniquely boring. Uniquely boring because the product is about luxury, speed, power and yet the site doesn't quite capture that essence. So I decided to check the competition, Ferrari, Porsche, they all have boring sites. Is this a trend now or is it they spend all the money on their cars and not their websites. Is it because they don't need any kind of advertisement, people who can and want to buy a Maserati know where to go and don't need a website.

Another thing I found on the Maserati website was a video podcast of their news videos. And then I found out it was just news with and image slide show. I think the world needs a better Maserati website, at least for people like me who can't afford one, but like to drool over the website.

No comments: